ASGBI operates a paperless electronic abstract submission system. The system enables the surgical community to “copy & paste” abstracts (including tables and special scientific characters, but not figures or diagrams) directly from word processing software into the abstract template provided, facilitating quick and easy abstract submission. For more information about abstract submission and the 2016 Belfast Surgical Week, please click on the Call For Abstracts link below.
Topics for ASGBI abstract submission
- Audit and Outcomes Research
- Basic and Applied Clinical Science
- Cancer/Surgical Oncology (GI)
- Cancer/Surgical Oncology (Other)
- Education and Training
- Emergency Surgery
- Hernia/Soft Tissues
- Minimally Invasive Surgery
- Patient Safety
- Perioperative Care/Nutrition
- Surgical Complications
- Surgical Simulation and Technology
- Randomised Clinical Trials
- Clinical Informatics
- Vascular and Transplant
- Trauma and Military Surgery (Military and Civilian)
Guidelines for the submission of Abstracts
- The abstract should relate to original, unpublished work and must not have been previously
presented at any major meeting.
- Abstracts must consist of four paragraphs, entitled: Aims, Methods, Results, Conclusions.
- Abstracts are to be submitted as text and tables only (i.e. no figures, graphs or diagrams).
- The text must fit within the abstract template, must not exceed 300 words and use the Arial font in size 10.
- No more than a maximum of five authors should be listed.
- As the abstract will be judged anonymously, the text must not reveal any institutional affiliation.
- The category which best describes the subject of your work, from the list above, should be indicated.
- If the abstract is to be considered for the Moynihan Prize, the relevant box should be marked
(see “Prizes and Awards”).
ASGBI takes a serious view of Research Governance. Please ensure that the abstract has been seen and agreed by all of the named authors before submission. All authors have a responsibility to ensure that the data submitted is accurate, is not extrapolated and fairly represents the presentation to be given at the Association’s International Surgical Congress.
For all abstract queries, please contact Carol Martin on firstname.lastname@example.org